Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Meals with Volunteer Center of Thurston, Mason & Lewis Counties



December 23rd my son Jordan joined me in delivering meals to homebound seniors in Olympia. The meals were all prepared by volunteers and delivered by volunteers. We went to an apartment complex downtown that is managed by Chere. She helped us with a list and kept any of the meals that we could not deliver for the recipients to pick up later. The building has 6 floors so we had a few other volunteers help cover the building. All of our meal recipients were home for us to give them their meals. We met many wonderful people who were grateful for the delicious meals. One of our favorites was "Larry the Fox" as he is called. We spent quite awhile chatting with him. He has lead a very interesting life and is an amazing artist.
When we were done delivering the meals my son told me how great it made him feel to do something to help others. I am very proud of him for working with me without complaints! He is such a sweet caring boy. I hope he will continue to work as a volunteer throughout his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment