Friday, June 25, 2010

CEF featured on New Day Northwest




The Chirs Ellliot Fund (CEF) was featured on New Day Northwest yesterday. Mrs. Seattle's platform is based on CEF and curing Glioblastoma brain cancer. As a pageant sister I support as many charities and events as I can. Tamara DePorter has become a dear friend to me and I see her passion and dedication for this cause. I was able to help out last year with the charity and got to meet the founder Dellann who is an incredible woman. She has taken a tragedy in her life and used it to make a difference. She is truly and inspiration to everyone.
Actress Jean Smart is an amabassador for CEF. Her sister died of brain cancer this year and she is also passionate about bringing awareness and a cure. She is in town this week to help with the CEF walk on Saturday. New Day Northwest interviewed her and Dellann for Thursdays show. Mrs. Seattle, Mrs. Snohomish County and I Mrs. Pacific Northwest were the cheering section in the audience for them. It was fun to watch a live show and Margaret Larson is so gracious and nice to talk to.
This Saturday I am joining the CEF team to walk for a cure. Mrs. Washington contestants and families will all be out helping to raise money and awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment