Saturday, May 7, 2011

MOPS Auction at Overcomer Covenant Church

Pastor Derozette Banks Mrs. King County and Me!
Our Auctioneer John Curley throwing the tickets in the air for me to catch one.. 3 try's and I did not catch any! I even licked my hands thinking a ticket would stick to it!! This gave John good material to tease me with all night! It was all in good fun.
Yumm desserts were auctioned off!
Still friends even after all the teasing!

Jim Dever was an accomplice but he tried helping to defend my honor!
I got to meet some princesses who were hanging out in the kids room. The young lady between me and Dezi is little Miss Junior Washington and will be competing in Tennessee for a national title!!

Yesterday evening I went to my dear friend Dezi's church to help out with a MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) auction. It was so well done, these ladies put a lot of time and effort into this event. MOPS is dear to my heart, many years ago when my sons were little I started a group at Westwood Baptist in Olympia. That group is still going strong today! It is such a wonderful support system for Mom's of little ones. There are so many joys to raising children but oh so many trials! It's nice to have a place to get re-charged and be in the company of those who understand what you are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment