Monday, March 22, 2010

MENC article about ...Mrs. Pacific Northwest!

I am honored to have been featured in a web story by the National Committee for Music Education. The Mrs. America organization supports the MENC. We were given an assignment to visit schools in an effort to promote music education. I was the music director for my local vacation bible school for 10 years. This was a big community event that hosted 1000 kids each summer. I have always loved music and working with the students. So the challenge to visit schools was an easy one for me and one I looked forward to.

I contacted many music teachers at schools in my area and got a great response. I shared my experience with the staff at MENC and they asked to do a story about it. Here is the link to the MENC Web Story


No comments:

Post a Comment