Monday, March 22, 2010

Seven Oaks Elementary 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th grade classes

Today March 22 I spent the day back at Seven Oaks Elementary with Music teacher Ms. Hathaway. She is an amazing teacher. It was an exciting day and I learned many new things. Of course I came their to inspire the students but they also inspired me with their positive attitudes and abilities. I played the flute with Ms. Cryders 3rd graders and Ms. Henry's 3rd graders. Ms. Koch's class sang their Martin Luther King song for me, it was beautiful. I played the Recorder with Ms. Koch's class. It was a little more challenging than the flute, the students thought it was funny when I squeaked my notes!

During lunch I helped Ms. Hathaway work on some choreography for the 2nd grade classes upcoming music performance. We had fun making up the motions. After lunch Ms. Raymond's 1st graders came in. Wow they are a lively bunch. They sang several songs that will be sung in their upcoming spring musical. We then helped them learn their choreography to their skunk song. It was very funny.

Next Mrs. Roth's 2nd graders came in. After practicing their songs we worked them on the choreography for their milky way rap song. As we taught them the moves we had them help make up some new parts. They were quite talented. Their homework was to go home and makeup some free form moves! I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Lastly Mrs. Kerry's 6th graders came in. They are playing the Marimba's. Mrs. Hathaway taught me a small part on the Marimba last time I visited so of course she put me right in with the students to do my part. I had already forgotten how to do it but the students were eager to show me how. I thought I finally got it right and then they informed me I was playing the wrong part! They didn't make fun of me too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment