Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kids 4 Kids Haiti Fun Run

Click to play this Smilebox collage: kids 4 kids
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This picture collage customized with Smilebox

My church New Bridge Community is awesome! They really strive to be a part of the community around us and participate in events that are important to the people. They hosted their first kids fun run today to raise money for orphaned kids in Haiti. The kids ran a marked out course in different age groups. It was a hot day but they all made it through. The younger kids had to have an adult accompany them, I got to run with my niece Tehya. She is a fast little gal! We had to do 6 laps and 3 laps into it she was ready to quit! I used all my positive talk to keep her going but it might of been the promise of ice cream at the finish line that really got her through!

Tomorrow is the Capital City Marathon, a big event in our area. We have runners doing the 5K, 1/2 marathon and full marathon. The service was dedicated to the runners tomorrow. I will be helping to hand out medals at the finish line. Due to a knee injury I do not get to participate in the run but hopefully next year! I Ran the Capital City Marathon 2 years in a row. It is an awesome experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment