Saturday, May 1, 2010

Real Soccer mom's don't just bring the snacks... they coach the team!




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Poison Soccer Team
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a picture slideshow


Being the mother of sons I get to support them with their sports teams. Not only do I love to cheer them on, and I might add Loudly, I like to get more involved. I know traditionally mom's will be the team coordinator or bring the snacks and I have done my share of those jobs as well but I like to do more than that when I can. I have been a volunteer football coach and this year a soccer coach. I played soccer for 6 years when I was younger and also a recreation team as an adult. I have made sure it is okay with my boys and the other male coaches before I have taken on the role of coach. I enjoy being able to help guide them and most of all encourage them in their efforts. I am not a softie I can be tougher than the guy coaches! I love that I get to be right in the action of it all on the sidelines. It also brings me closer to my boys and their friends.

Today my son Jordan scored a goal! It was very exciting. He held his position and was in the right spot at the right time. Our team has only enough players for one sub so they get pretty tired running the whole field. They are doing great and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment