Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Amazing Race for Understanding Autism






Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow personalized with Smilebox



Saturday I was able to participate in the Amazing Race for Understanding Autism with Mrs. Seattle Tamara DePorter. Justin the race organizer has an autistic brother and wanted to raise money for Autism while helping people to understand Autism better. The race was his eagle scout project. He did a fantastic job. The race raised over $5000!! It was well organized, informative and really a lot of fun.

At one of the stations we had to spin on a chair 10 times to experience vestibular challenges such as imbalance and dizziness. Unfortunately i have some serious motion sickness issues and this got me bad! I was so ill the rest of the day and the next! I thought if we went slow on it I could handle it and I didn't realize till we stopped spinning the chair how dizzy I was! Despite that fact we still had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment