Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grant County Fair

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox


I headed over to the Grant County fair this last weekend to cruise the fairgrounds with other Washington Royalty. It was a super HOT day almost 100!! Despite the temperature we had a great time. I had my first space burger!! The space burgers are made using special machines purchased from the World's Fair when it was in Seattle. A space burger is like a pocket sandwich that is sealed all around the edges. The inside consists of ground beef, a sauce that reminded me of big mac sauce, cheese and lettuce. It was delicious!!

We wandered around the fair and visited some 4H booths. I got to pet the sweetest little 2 week old lamb!! I so wanted to take it home. The little Miss Washington's rode some crazy rides while I only rode one the ferris wheel! I just can't handle the rides anymore. Mrs. Seattle, Mrs. Moses Lake and I enjoyed some elephant ears and then oddly enough Mrs. Seattle and I rode an elephant! It was so fun, what a beautiful animal I have always wanted to do that!! We were truly like kids again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment