Tuesday, November 1, 2011

10/22 Miss Thurston County Scholarship Pageant

Tasia Jungbauer Miss Thurston County 2012 with me Mrs. Washington 2011
All of the contestants plus Miss Thurston County 2010, Miss Washignton 2011, & Thurston County Outstanding Teen 2011.
Mrs. Olympia LaReina Delay's sister Mallory competed and won 2nd runner up! Mrs. Pacific Northwest & Mrs. Seattle came to help me out by taking tickets at the door.
We started the day off playing apples to apples... the card you end up with are supposed to describe you! My cards were not that great!
Brooklyn Miss Thurston County 2010 brought the game to keep us occupied while waiting to go into interviews! It was fun and the girls really appreciated the distraction!

What an amazing event! I had so much fun helping the girls all day and throughout the evening. I helped apply lashes, fix hair, fix makeup, fix wardrobes and applied a lot of Butt Glue! Yes I had a very important job!! My job was to keep the girls calm and help them to know what was going on in the program and get them backstage and offstage when they needed to be. I was like the momma hen taking care of her baby chicks! I loved every minute of it. They are my girls not just contestants. I got to know all of them and what an amazing bunch of ladies.

In the end Tasis Jungbauer was crowned Miss Thurston County 2012, Jessica Shaffer was 1st runner up, and Mallory Arnold was 2nd runner up. Congratulations goes out to everyone especially the Director Dianne Partridge! Without her this could not have been possible. It was her first year as a director and she comes from no pageant experience!! She had a cousin who was a Miss Washington and after seeing the positive experience she had Dianne wanted to offer that to more girls. Dianne was an excellent role model and leader throughout the entire process!! I look forward to working with her throughout the year with Tasia and next year on the 2013 pageant!

No comments:

Post a Comment