Monday, July 11, 2011

Muscogee Creek Nation News Article


Click on the image above for a larger view of the article

I am a proud Native American! I have 1/4 creek indian blood running through me that I received from my fathers side of the family. My father is 1/2 Creek his father was full Creek. The family has done much research on our heritage and found out our indian name was KinKahee. My Grandfather was a preacher and had a church he lead in Oklahoma just outside of the Nations borders. His congregation consisted of mainly Creek tribe members and his sermons were spoken in their native language. The church was called the Pigeon Church and it's foundation is still there to this day. The family moved to California where my father was born and his father continued to minister. Sadly my Grandfather died when my father was only 11. My father has 11 brothers and sisters all still living, and he is the 7th son of the 7th son.

My parents enrolled my sisters and I in the Muscogee Creek tribe when we were younger. It has always been something I treasure proudly. The Muscogee Creek Nation is in Oklahoma and is one of the 5 civilized tribes. A few of my Aunts and Uncles live on the nation now and it has been educational for me learning more about my history and our tribe. It is an honor as a tribal member to be featured in our Nations News! To learn more about the Muscogee Creek Tribe click on the green emblem on the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment