Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tea time at a local gift gallery


My mother-in-law invited Mrs. Washington to attend a tea today at a local gift gallery. The gift gallery has been in my town of Tumwater for 2 years. On the 1st Wednesday of the month they have tea & specials for Senior Citizens. Today I met the owner and one of the employees along with several lovely ladies who attended the event.

The gift gallery is full of local artisans creations that are divided into little booths throughout the store. Many years ago before I started my current business I sold items I made at a similar type of store. It is a great way for artists to be able to sell what they make on a small scale.

As Mrs. Washington I am invited to many different types of events some large and some small. Today was special because I was able to meet some very wonderful women who were very interested in meeting me. They wanted to know more about what I did and were honored to have me visit with them in their store. It was an honor for me to meet them too. I posed for a picture with the group and it will be featured in their newsletter next month. How nice it feels to be part of this community!

No comments:

Post a Comment