Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting Ready for Mrs. America part 2





I leave in one week from today for West Virginia!! I spent the last 3 days sorting out my clothes, working on pageant gifts and organizing what I will need during my 2 week stay. My husband got excited when he saw the big pile of clothes, he thought it was my "get rid of" pile!! We are always going through our clothes and weeding out what we do not need and then pass them along to someone else. I seem to have more things than he does, maybe because I'm a girl!!

I packed 2 large boxes weighing 43 and 53 pounds! They will be lighter coming home because there are gifts and some consumables in there too. I just couldn't decide which clothes to bring so I just brought most of them! I hope my roommate will not mind! We have not gotten our roommate assignments yet. I can't wait to find out who I will be spending time with in a room for 2 weeks!! I grew up sharing rooms with sisters so this is no problem for me.

This morning I went in for a fitting to my sponsor Irina with Atelie Couture. They are altering my evening gown and making me two cocktail dresses from scratch! They measure me, create the pattern and sew it! They are amazing. The pretty blue dress is made of this amazing one of a kind material with detailed embroidering and beading. I love it. The black one is lightweight and so comfortable. It reminds me of a dress from Paris so couture!! I had Irina meet me over at DSW to find the perfect shoes to go with it. I also found some fabulous gold glitter shoes to go with my state costume I got the other day. DSW found out I was Mrs. Washington and gave me a 20% discount off my purchase. They did this for all of the Miss America contestants and wanted to extend that to the Mrs.!!

After I got home I had to ship those boxes out so I headed over to my local UPS counter with my favorite UPS lady! I have been shipping with UPS for years for my business, now that I have UPS pickup our packages I don't get in often to see the ladies! I thought it would be fun to surprise her with my crown and sash.

No comments:

Post a Comment