Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lacey Elementary School Mrs. Kelley

What a great way to start of March with Music In Our Schools Month by visiting Lacey Elementary. Mrs. Kelley is the fabulous music teacher at this school, and I got to spend the day with her. Her classroom is full of all kinds of instruments and fun information. You can't help but feel the music in the air in this classroom! Mrs. Kelley is very talented and can play many different instruments to accompany her students. She also directs a 4th, 5th and 6th grade choir early in the morning. The choir came in during the 1st grade class to sing a few songs. They were awesome!

I was given the chance to share with each class the importance of music education, what opportunities there are available to them and what types of jobs they could have someday in music. Each class had lots of input and great questions. I was asked lots of questions about the upcoming pageant as well.

One class got me to sing for them, I did the Birthday song by the Beattles. In another class I participated in a folk dance and a rythm clapping song, was that ever challenging. I even played a few other music games with the adpative learning class. It was another fun filled day in Music class!!

These are the classes I visited with today:

5th Grade Miss Penrose
4th Grade Mr. Tuttle
3rd Grade Mrs. Martins
Adapted Learning Mrs. Folks
1st Grade Mrs. Tamanaha
2nd Grade Mrs. Deming

No comments:

Post a Comment