Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Off to the airport!!


This is it finally!! No really it came so quickly. I am off to a nice dinner with my husband and oldest son. (my youngest son is at outdoor camp we said goodbye this morning!) Then to the airport. I weighed my suitcases and they are both barely under 50lbs. So that makes a grand total of over 200 pounds of "stuff" that I am bringing to Mrs. America (100 pounds was sent UPS) Seriously I need it all....

I am so excited the butterflies are kicking in! Yesterday flew by but I had all day today to get my nails done, pick up a few last minute things and then pack. I came home to a nice surprise yesterday, my parents stopped by and left me a box of Love! It was an adorable gift box with a special necklace inside, it was a heart with a mustard seed in it. I am taking it with me on my trip. This has always been a special gift that my mom cherishes. Here is why:

Matthew 17:20 He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [ that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.AMP

Mustard seeds appear several times in the Bible, and most of them are found in the parables. They symbolize God’s kingdom and faith, small beginnings and change.

Mustard seed necklaces remind Christians of the power of faith. A very small amount of faith, even as small as a grain of mustard seed, can move mountains. And that little faith is more than enough to make a person deserving of God’s Kingdom.

Mustard seeds can also remind Christians of small and humble beginnings. A small, invisible and immaterial seed can grow up to a huge tree that can grow up to as tall as fifteen feet. And that mean small opportunities, talents and skills can grow into something very major is proper nurturing is given.

Mustard seeds can also symbolize change. The mustard tree was once called “the one with dangerous takeover properties” because the mustard seeds grow very quickly and easily in the wild. Now, however, the mustard tree is considered a valuable source of nourishment, a pleasant provider of shelter for travelers and a place for birds to live and nest their young. Something that was considered impure can change for the better and become useful and kind.


1 comment:

  1. Lisa

    Thank you for those beautiful comments. Sounds like the blessings are pouring in. You deserve them.

    Love You

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete