Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting Ready for Mrs. America part 4

Pink Luggage
State Costume Willow Gold Finch
Delegate gifts in process

Okay where did the time go today?? I did sleep in but only till 8:00am. Today my family stopped by to say farewell before I head out to West Virginia. One of my tasks today was to fix the tail on my Gold Finch costume so that it stays in place while on stage. It gave me a chance to put the whole ensemble on so they could see it. They loved it! It really is amazing when you see it in person. Pam Curnel my state director designed and constructed it. There are rhinestones, sequins and so many feathers!! I love to dress up and wear costumes so this is way too much fun for me. I feel like a Vegas show girl!

My family is so wonderful. They are so excited for me and have been such great cheerleaders. I am glad we got some time to visit and get a few more hugs in. My parents will be staying with our boys a few nights while we are gone, I am so grateful for their help.

I started getting out my suitcases, these are my favorite ones that were a Christmas present from my husband several years ago. They are Barbie pink and so durable, they have been so many places. Every time I am at the airport someone always comments "I bet those don't get lost", and I always say "Yes they do!" I have suffered the lost luggage dilemma a few times, I hope this trip that won't happen! One of the locks on my big suitcase was not working, my solution was to hammer it until it did. I am pretty handy with tools, I do build my own trade show booths after all, but I am not so careful or patient sometimes. When something doesn't work right I can usually beat into working! My husband heard the pounding and came to my rescue. He is very patient and takes the time to figure things out properly. So thanks to him we got the locks fixed. I am so happy it just wouldn't be the same traveling without my Barbie suitcases!!

Finally, I worked on finishing up my gifts for the other 50 Mrs. America delegates. I had more work to do then I realized. I got through with 25 of them and saved the rest for tomorrow. It takes me about 45 minutes from start to finish to make each gift. I got started on them last month before I even won! I figured if I won I could use them and if not I would give them to whomever did win. I am glad we got snowed in last month, being trapped at home gave me the time to create them.

No comments:

Post a Comment