Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mrs. America Send off Party






What a day yesterday!! I started out getting up at 4:45am drove an hour and a half to my trainer in Bellevue, worked out for 2 hours (woke up today sore!), drove another 30 minutes to my tailor did fittings for an hour, drove another 45 minutes to a spa had some necessary treatments taken care of, didn't have to drive for this but my makeup/hairstylist came to me to do hair and makeup for a few hours (she took her time it's not like it took that long to make me look decent!) drove another 30 minutes back to Bellevue for my send of party!

It was a great get together! With all of this happening in only 2 weeks there was short notice so for those who could make it I appreciate it! I had many people with me in spirit, I know you already had commitments but thanks for sending your love! I was showered with love and gifts and a yummy cake (I have a sugar hangover I am trying to recover from today!) It is such a great feeling to know I have such wonderful supporters here in Washington!!
I brought one of my pageant gifts for the delegates to show everyone. I did a drawing for someone to win the gift and my dear friend Christine was the winner!

After the party I met with my director to go over my state costume. I LOVE this costume! It is glamorous and showy and oooh la la!! It is a Willow Gold Finch our Washington State Bird, although I've never seen a sparkly bird like this!! My boys were confused when I showed them the costume, they didn't know why a Gold FISH would have feathers!! Yep, that's right they thought I was going to be a gold fish!! Awww boys you gotta love them.

It was a crazy, busy wonderful day! Thank you again everyone for the gifts and the Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment