Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting Ready for Mrs. America part oh my gosh I leave tomorrow!

The fabulous sewing team Atelie Couture!
Beth Kovacevich Mrs. Washington 1996 and I having a farewell lunch!
Last chance workout with my trainer Lee R. Ramos
Valerie from the International Academy of Design & Technology sewing
the last bits of bling on my gown!

What a day!!! I took my son to school with all of his camping gear, he is going to outdoor camp CISPUS tomorrow and Thursday night. It's going to be a wet event as usual!

Next I headed up to Tukwilla to pick up my gown and my custom cocktail dress. We tried them on did a few last tucks here and there. They still wanted to add more stones and beading in a few spots. I have no idea how many thousands of beads and stones are on this gown. They are all hand sewn in place. It is amazing.

I left my gowns there to be finished and headed over to Bellevue to meet with my trainer for one last workout and to go over my training routine for while I am at the Greenbrier. Lee is a very good teacher and had me go through the motions and write it all down.

After that I met with Beautiful Beth Kovacevich Mrs. Washington 1996 for a farewell luncheon. She gave me some beautiful glitzy crown earrings that I LOVE!!! We talked all about Mrs. America and what it was like when she went. Times sure have changed she said she remembers writing addresses and numbers down on little pieces of paper! No emails or texting back then. Wow times have changed. She is so excited for me and reminded me this will be the best experience I can ever have and the friends I make will be forever! How exciting I am so looking forward to meeting all these women.

After my lunch date I headed back to Tukwilla to get my gowns and have one last photo and farewell with the Atelie Couture ladies. I made a few returns at the stores up there and headed home. Construction slowed me down and took me longer to get home then I planned.

At home the house was full of kids and my sons band mates came over to practice. They will be performing in a school assembly while I am gone. I baked a batch of cookies for everyone made some food for them and then got caught up on emails. WHEW!! The day is gone.

I have all day tomorrow to finish packing and get ready to go. I am so excited. I will be meeting up with Mrs. Idaho at the airport but taking a different flight then meeting up with her again in Atlanta to fly into Lewisburg together.

No comments:

Post a Comment