Friday, April 1, 2011

The JOY is in the journey?

1:00 am in my room with flowers from My Director and my 1st Mate!
Ben & Jerry's Ice cream sundae for dinner...ok so I needed some sweets don't judge me!

Beautiful Rebecca in the back of the plane with me flying to Roanoke Virginia.
The magic screens that change gates on you, I stared at this for quite awhile!
Enjoying Starbucks coffee before I board my plane or so I thought!
JoAnne my new friend who shared row 14 with me in Orlando where we sat for hours!!

My travels to West Virginia were an adventure to say the least...
Delayed flights, missed flights, more missed flights and finally I flew into Roanoke Virginia instead of Lewisburg. Yes Virginia, then had a car take me 2 hours to West Virginia to the Greenbrier. I was only 12 hours off schedule! Instead of a noon arrival I had a midnight arrival!!

I met some wonderful people along the way. JoAnne was a wonderful, sweet Christian woman who made the wait on the airplane so pleasant. Her testimony is amazing and I am so glad to have gotten to know her.

Rebecca was a sweetheart that is Youth Pastor. She was a joy to get to talk to. She mentors young women and boys too. She is also a singer too. We talked the entire time on the plane. It was a tiny cramped plane and we were both last minute additions. What a blessing to have been seated next to her!

My driver was a nice gentleman who made me feel safe enough to get some sleep on the drive to the Greenbrier. I wanted to look outside to see the view but it was too dark and I was too tired I think I was on 36 hours no sleep at that point! Pulling up to the Greenbrier I was in awe! It is amazing. Inside even more amazing. I will be taking lots of photos!
When I arrived in my room I was welcomed with a beautiful bouquet of roses from my directors and a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my PBFF (Pageant Best Friend Forever) What a wonderful surprise, I felt special and loved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment